Thursday, February 2, 2012

DC Comics Read Posters

We just got a catalogue featuring a number of different DC Comics characters reading. You know, to serve as good examples for the kids.

Oh really?
Ah, here's Batman in the most unsafe reading situation of all time. Really, one-handed holding onto a skyscraper while leaning out over the edge to read a book? I feel like the Joker himself would scoff at the very idea of it. I mean, come on. Batman is supposed to be smart. Nobody got smart by reading books while being precariously perched 1 million miles over Gotham's streets.

And where is he carrying this book while he fights crime? Is this why one would wear underwear outside the pants, so you could shove a book into the waistband?

But hey, no worries. Superman, the world's boy scout will save the day!


Why? Why is Superman reading in space?

Okay, I don't want to kill Superman's buzz and all, but I honestly have to say, Superman does not have time to read. What possible benefit would Superman gain from reading that would outweigh his ability to end any sort of physical conflict, probably just by showing up? This is a horrible thing for me to say, but isn't it kind of irresponsible for Superman to be reading? I think I would be upset if my grandmother fell in the sewer while Superman was seeing what all this Girl with the Dragon Tattoo business was about.


Wonder Woman. Okay, though not appropriately attired for a nice afternoon read, at least she's in a reasonable environment. In the sun, reclined, petting a...kangaroo(?)

This kangaroo thing was extremely confusing to me. But I guess they are legitimate animals from Wonder Women past:
And, excuse me. This is not a kangaroo. It is a Kanga. Because nobody would believe a kangaroo would fly in space.

It occurs to me, between these three characters, that superheroes probably don't have a lot of time to read. I guess you should probably get your reading done when you're a skinny nerd, before the serums or alien abilities or feelings of revenge over the death of a parent or parents kicks in.

No comments:

Post a Comment