Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Spider-Quest



What you're seeing here is my newest comic book project.

I made a list of every issue of Amazing Spider-Man, then checked off the ones I've read in the last year and the issues from a couple Essential volumes I've got on the shelf. So basically everything that I was 100% certain I've read.

The goal: Read every issue of Amazing Spider-Man.

But wait, it gets more boringer.

I miss my young days and the sweet uncertainty of failure, which was quickly replaced with an impending sense of failure, followed by the bitter sting of failure in progress.

Something I miss about those days was comic shopping, which was different from comic shopping now. You couldn't log onto a computer and buy anything that you could afford. In fact, you never really knew if you would come in contact with that last issue you really needed. The first time I saw a Giant-Size X-Men #1, it was an event in itself, making it worthwhile to go to the shitty comicon in the shitty hotel ballroom.

Here's a tip: If you're ever considering a wedding venue, ask if they've hosted a comicon. If the answer is "yes," search elsewhere.

There were the creepy stores, the creepy people who ran the stores, the weird "Over 18" sections, and the back issues on back issues.

I want to make this project a throwback, so here are the rules:

-No internet buying. That's an easy one.

-No using the internet to find a comic store and contact them. If they're in the phone book, cool. If not, figure it out some other way.

-Highlighted in yellow are issues available at the library. I'm reading those. No need to spend the cash.

That's pretty much it.

It won't be the end of blogging other comics, but just an addition. Hope you hate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment